Do I need an enhanced license??
Beginning May 3, 2023, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Check for the star. REAL ID-compliant cards are marked with a star at the top of the card.
How to get enhanced license??
Steps to getting your EDL/EID Get your EDL/EID. Learn how to get your first enhanced driver license (EDL) or enhanced ID card (EID). Proof of citizenship, identity, Social Security number, and residence. Make sure you have what you'll need when you apply for your enhanced driver license or enhanced ID card.
What do I need for an Enhanced Driver License??
Enhanced driver license, permit or non-driver ID card, if you are a U.S. Citizen. Remember, you need a Passport to fly to other countries. Step 2. Gather the necessary documentation. Be prepared! Complete this guide to be sure you have the proof of identity you need to get a license, permit or ID before you go to a DMV office.
What documents are needed for enhanced drivers license??
- Proof of state residency. Depending on your state you will either need one or two documents of proof.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Proof of identity. In most cases, your current driver's license will suffice.
- A valid Social Security number.
- Proper documentation if your name has changed. ...
- Proper payment. ...