Is electrical a good trade to get into??
People who go into the electrical trade can benefit from good wage potential, enhanced career stability, satisfying workplace variety, highly engaging job tasks, and other advantages.
What do you learn at an electrical trade school??
Depending on your school and program, your electrician classes may cover areas such as:
- Electrical theories
- Trade math
- Residential, commercial, and industrial electrical concepts
- Blueprint reading
- Local, national, and state regulations
- Building codes
- Safety practices
- Tools and equipment for the electrical trade
- Low- and high-voltage systems
- Design, repair, calibration, and modification of electrical components, equipment, and machinery
What education is required to become an electrician??
No college education is required to become an electrician, but significant training takes place through an apprenticeship program, which provides in-class and hands-on instruction.
What skills are needed to be an electrician??
As well as being hard working and committed to the job, electricians need to have: Good practical skills. Confidence when using power tools. The ability to analyse technical drawings. Close attention to detail. The ability to focus for long periods of time. The ability to follow instructions. A methodical approach to work.