What are the requirements for a low voltage license??
Before you can apply for your low voltage contractors license, you must meet the following experience requirements: 4 years of experience performing/supervising low voltage (C-7) work. Social Security number or ITIN. Be at least 18 years old*.
What are the requirements for becoming an electrician??
No college education is required to become an electrician, but significant training takes place through an apprenticeship program, which provides in-class and hands-on instruction. They can be employed in a number of electrical jobs or work freelance, both of which mandate licensure.
How to become a licensed electrician??
To become a licensed electrician, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Earn a high school diploma or the equivalent Before pursuing a career as an electrician, you'll need to earn a high school diploma or the equivalent. ...
- Consider attending a trade or vocational-technical school Though attending a trade or vocational-technical school isn't required to become an electrician, it can offer valuable training and greatly aid students ...
- Apply for an apprenticeship Regardless of whether you decide to attend a trade school to complete your training or not, you must finish an apprenticeship to become a licensed ...
- Register as an electrician apprentice Some states require that electrical apprentices register before being allowed to work on job sites. Research your state's requirements before beginning work.
- Complete your apprenticeship Your apprenticeship will be the core of your training to become an electrician. ...
- Get licensed or certified
What states reciprocate electrical license??
Reciprocity States List
- South Dakota