How to become a licensed New York state security guard??
- Submit a completed application and the required fee to the Department of State
- Be 18 years old
- Proof of Fingerprint completion
- Have not been convicted of a serious criminal offense
- Have a current NYS photo driver’s license or non-driver ID card
- Complete training
How do I Check my security guard license status??
- protection of persons and/or property from harm, theft, and/or unlawful activity;
- deterrence, observation, detection, and/or reporting unlawful or unauthorized activity;
- street patrol service;
- response to, but not installation or service of, a security system alarm.
What qualifications are needed to become a security guard??
Security Guards generally need a high school diploma or GED, although some jobs may not have any education requirements. Some employers, however, prefer to hire Security Guards with higher education, such as a 2- or 4-year degree in police science or criminal justice.
Where can I get security guard license??
To be eligible to apply for a security guard registration through the Bureau of Security and Investigative Service (BSIS or Bureau), you must: Be at least 18 years old (BPC Section 7582.8)